Strong & Simple
This WORKout will leave you sweating with jello arms! The biggest thing that you need to remember is to keep your core tight throughout the entire thing. This will help get you those killer abs!
Each program needs to begin and end with a warm up and cool down. Rest when you need to and don’t forget to hydrate!
- 30 sec. Jumping Jacks
- 30 sec. High Knees
- 30 sec. Butt Kicks
- 30 sec. Vert Jumps
- 1 min. Run in Place
Stretch 5-10 mins
WORKout – Each exercise is 1 min unless specified differently
- Frog Jumps – Frog jump forward, frog jump backward
- Lunge with Twist – Lunge forward with right leg, knee almost to the floor and twist upperbody toward outside of the knee (twist right), then step back and lunge forward with left and twist left.
- Push Ups – 15
- Mountain Climbers – Get into the push up position, shoulders over your hands, then bring your knees towards your chest like you are running on all fours.
- Thread the Needle – Do a push up, then move into a side plank, reach open hand up towards the sky, then bring it down and thread it through your balanced hand and side, then bring it back up toward the sky (like threading a needle!), then back to push up, then switch side.
- Tricep Push Ups – Put hands right by your side where your chest is. Lower down without bowing your back. Do !0
- A-Frame Push Ups – Fingers facing each other and move your feet in close so you look like an A. Do 15
- Squat with a Twist – Feet should be shoulder width apart. Squat down so feet are 90 degrees, hold and twist upperbody both right and left, then straighten legs and twist while standing both left and right. Repeat
- 30 second Power Play – For this you will do 3 different exercises each 30 seconds. Start first by getting into the squat position. point toes a little bit outward so you feel a burn on the inner thighs. Then using your arms through right and left jabs as fast as you can for 30 seconds, make sure not to hyper-extend your elbow. Second exercise is same position but Uppercuts for 30 seconds. Last exercise is open handed jabs for 30 seconds, Like you are punching with the palm of your hand.
- Plank – Make sure that your hands are below your shoulders, your back is not bowing – strong core and hold for 30 Seocnds.
- Side Plank – This is the same as the plank above but you will be balancing on one hand and one foot! 30 seconds each side.
- Ski Abs – For this you will get into the plank position and using your abs jump up towards the outside of your left hand, then back to plank, then jump to outside of your right hand. Make sure to keep your booty down and hold in your abs. This should be working your obliques or outer abdominals
- In & Outs – This is similar to ski abs but instead of going to the outside each time you will be jumping your feet in between your hands then back out to plank then back in for 1 minute!
Cool Down For the cooldown, I like to walk and get a drink of water and do mellow butt kicks, arm swings and jumping jacks before I go into the cool down stretch. The stretch will be similar to what you did at the beginning of the workout then you ARE DONE! But DON”T FORGET TO STRETCH!
If you have any thoughts, concerns, or questions about this workout please feel free to contact me!